Jellybeans and white chocolate … yummy. We love making this simple candy treat during the Easter holidays but, truthfully, it is a fun and easy treat to make any time of the year.
We like the Ghiardelli white chocolate chips which are easy to use. Choose jelly beans, malted milk balls or peanut butter mini eggs. And if you like to give gifts to your guests, this is a pretty edible gift that will be truly appreciated.
What You Need:
- White Chocolate chips
- Mini Peanut Butter candy eggs
- Microwaveable bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
What To Do:
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper so it is ready to use once your chocolate melts.
- Pour the bag of white chocolate chips into the microwaveable bowl. If your microwave has a “Melt Chocolate” setting use that. If not, put your power to “thaw” or 50% at most. You don’t want to burn your chocolate, just melt it. Our chocolate took about 2 minutes to melt but keep an eye on the chocolate if you haven’t melted chocolate in the microwave before. You can also opt to use a double boiler or your oven to melt the chocolate.
- As soon as the chocolate is melted, spoon it onto the cookie sheet, into a thin layer about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick.
- Press the Easter candies into the chocolate, then pop the cookie sheet into the fridge for only about 2 minutes. This will help the chocolate set much quicker.
- Once completely cooled, break into pieces. That’s it!